Pediatric Dentist Hoboken, NJ
We are a pediatric dentist office in Hoboken NJ. We provide comprehensive dental care so that children can stay in excellent oral health. With ongoing, regular appointments, we can identify and treat infections early so that your child can avoid feeling any discomfort or having premature tooth loss. As a kids dentist, we understand how important it is for your child to remain in good health and do our best to make that a reality.
Why Visit a Pediatric Dentist?
Many people ask why it is so important to visit a pediatric dentist, and the answer is simple – experience. While many dentists may treat children if they are not a kids dentist, they may lack the experience necessary to keep a child comfortable during their dental treatments. When treating children, it is not enough to get the job done, how it is done is equally important. At Strong Roots Dental PC, we understand that how a child feels during their first several dental visits, will influence how they react to dentistry throughout their lifetime. A positive experience now can set the tone for ongoing, regular dental care throughout their adult life. A negative or scary dental visit can have the opposite effect and make them not want to visit the dentist anymore. In our office, we can treat children and take active steps to ensure their emotional and physical comfort. To learn more or to schedule a dental exam, call (201) 234-4070.
We’re a Convenient Kids Dentist
Our children's dentist office is conveniently located in Hoboken. We treat children from a very young age, believing that preventative oral health care is essential for their ability to eat and speak clearly, avoid discomfort, and decrease the need for braces later on. We also know that most families have an extremely busy schedule, and it can be difficult to make a dental appointment in between school, soccer, and ballet. As a kids dentist, we will work with you to schedule appointments for a time that is convenient so that you do not have to pull the kids out of school or take too much time off work. Let us know what your scheduling restrictions are when calling our office so that we can provide you with a convenient appointment time.
Check out what others are saying about our pediatric dental services on Yelp: Pediatric Dentist Hoboken
A Comfortable Children’s Dentist
When you get to our dental office, you will instantly see the difference. As a children's dentist office, we have designed our lobby and exam rooms to be kid friendly. You will find age appropriate books, toys and warm colors that can help your child to relax and feel at ease. We also recommend that if you live in the Hoboken area, bring your child by our office before their first dental exam. When a child is familiar with an environment, they are more likely to be relaxed and to feel safe. Stop by and say hello to our friendly office staff so that when you return to our children's dentist office for a teeth cleaning, your child will feel at ease during their appointment.
When it comes time to clean and examine their teeth, our team has the necessary skills and training to act as a pediatric dentist, that can help your child to feel comfortable during their appointment. With a friendly demeanor and conversation, we can help your child to feel right at home. We also believe in letting children set the pace so if cleaning teeth is too much for the first visit, we will start with an exam and schedule a second appointment for the actual teeth cleaning. The goal is to set a trend for lifelong oral health, and that starts with a positive experience. To schedule an appointment with our Hoboken kids' dentist office, call 201-234-4070.
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Family Dental Terminology
- Dental Caries
- Dental caries are also known as cavities and result from a lack of proper oral hygiene leaving plaque that forms tiny holes in the teeth.
- Dental Sealants
- Dental sealants are a solution of plastic material that we apply to the crown of the tooth to protect the areas within the ridges of teeth from infection.
- Dental Prophylaxis
- A dental prophylaxis is a thorough cleaning procedure that involves preventing the spread or continued growth of periodontal disease and gingivitis.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Etchant is a gentle acid to treat the surface of a specific tooth to help the filling material stick to the tooth.
- Occlusion describes the mandibular and maxillary rows of teeth meeting when the patient bites down. If a patient does not have a healthy bite, they are struggling with malocclusion.
- An overjet is a bite orientation that results from the maxillary central incisors (top center teeth) protruding over the mandibular central incisors (bottom front teeth); this may also be known as “buck teeth” by patients.
- A periodontist is a specialist that studies and treats diseases and conditions that affect the supporting structure of teeth.
- Pregnancy Gingivitis
- Pregnancy gingivitis is gingivitis that results from the common change in hormones during pregnancy that increases blood flow to the gum tissue, increasing sensitivity, irritability and swelling in the gums.
Back to top of Pediatric Dentist
Do you think you have a cavity and are looking for a family dentist to help? Having cavities is one of the most common health problems in the world, especially among children and teenagers. If left untreated, cavities can cause bigger oral health problems like infection, severe toothaches and tooth loss.By definition, cavities are the…
It is a common myth that if you have dentures, you will not need to visit your dentist as often as you did before. If you are missing one or several of your natural teeth and have been wearing dentures, then why would you need to see the dentist? It might sound logical to skip…
Practicing good oral hygiene not only maintains your oral health, but it also impacts your overall health — which is why the American Dental Association recommends brushing your teeth at least twice a day and seeing the dentist regularly.Your dentist can spot symptoms of overall health problems during a routine dental exam, allowing you to…
The dental implant has become one of the most effective restorative procedures for people who have lost one or more teeth. The convenience, durability and recent innovations in implant design have made the process popular. Nevertheless, since implants need certain bone mass to integrate properly in the mouth, placing the dental implant is sometimes a…